National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
The Veerashaiva Vidyavardhaka Sangha, Bellary that was established in 1916 has been rendering yeomen service to the cause of education in this region. It is running more than 30 educational institutions right from Primary School to post Graduation, Technical and professional Colleges.
To meet the educational needs of the people in and around Hospet, the Sangha started Vijayanagar College of Arts, Science and Commerce at Hospet in 1964. Starting with a humble strength of about 150 students, the college has trends in the education.
With its extreme sensitivity to national policies and community needs the college has grown from strength to strength. The College now has around 4000 students on its rolls. The College is affiliated to vijayanagar Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Bellary. The College is well equipped and is staffed with duty minded experienced teachers. The College has been getting ranks every year in Degree examinations.
The PG Department of Computer Science was started in the year 2001 to bring our students on par with national standards. Later the PG Departments of Commerce and physics joined the success path of the college. Now the PG Department of Chemistry (M.Sc.) is following the tradition with its inception this year.
The Laboratories in physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science, Botany and Zoology are well equipped and properly maintained. Various academic and literary activities are conducted through students Associations. These activities add up to make the campus a vibrant space for developing one's personality.
College Alumni form part of the national and international elite as Scientists, Intellectuals, Administrators, Corporate Managers and Leaders.
Vijayanagar College is accredited with the grade of "B++" by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programmes or projects.
- To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in higher education institutions.
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovation in higher education
- To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmers, and
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
Vijayanagar College Hospet
To hone the skills of all students, to enable them to meet the challenges of real life by developing a vibrant and competitive atmosphere, developing responsible citizens, not merely graduates.
To leave no stone unturned in our Endeavour to ensure that all alumni look back at us and say that Vijayanagar College has not merely taught them, it has educated them.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide quality education to all
- To mould responsible citizens
- To ensure holistic development of personality by imparting life skills
- To encourage varied talents of different students